To maintain accreditation in delivering the TCI curriculum, a TCI Trainer must successfully complete a 2-day update every two years. New information is
presented and knowledge and physical skills are reassessed. Once a Trainer has successfully completed the TCI Train-the-Trainer training program and
has successfully completed (2) two-day updates, preferably post-crisis Response (PCR) & Developing Refresher Training (DRT), the Trainer is eligable
to attend one of the 1 day updates below every 2 years to maintain accreditation.
The content is chosen from the following options;
- Adapting the Life Space Interview (LSI) for Proactive Agression
- Conflict Resolution
- Legal Concepts in the Use of Physical Restraint
- Testing, Evaluation and the Transfer of Learning
- TCI Trainer Support
- Documentation: Writing Incident Reports
- Assessing and Managing Risk
- Non-Suicidal Self Injury: Understanding and Effectively Responding
For specific update course information please see the resources section for the ‘Therapeutic Crisis Intervention System Course Bulletin’ & ‘2018 Australian TCI Calendar’.
Cost is inclusive of lunch/refreshments each day, Reference Guide, Student Workbook and other course materials.