This update is a two-day program for current TCI certified trainers. The update provides materials to assist staff in adapting TCI skills for children and young people who have developmental disabilities such as autism, intellectual disabilities, or developmental delays.
The material is designed to enhance the core TCI activities.
Topics include: preventing aggression and violence, the hierarchy of communication, setting conditions and triggers, and adapting the LSI for young people with limited or no verbal communication skills.
Program Objectives Participants will be able to:
- Identify and reduce environmental and personal setting conditions for challenging behaviour
- Develop individualized crisis prevention plans for the developmentally disabled population • Demonstrate a shortened Life Space Interview (LSI)
- Apply a hierarchy of communication when using the LSI
TCI Recertification: The Residential Child Care Project has a recertification process for TCI trainers. Please note that all participants must pass the certification requirements during the TCI Trainer Update in order to continue to train TCI. Attendance alone does not qualify a participant to be recertified as a TCI trainer.
Prerequisites: Participants are also expected to have previously completed initial TCI Train the Trainer
Pre-Reading Material: TCI Developmental Disabilities reference guide will be provided prior to course. The expectation is for this to be read and understood in full prior to attendance.
Material: Participants who successfully complete the update receive the Developmental Disabilities Training activity guide
No courses found
Need some help to find the course you are after:
- TCI Train the Trainer Click Here
- TCIS Train the Trainer Click Here
- TCIF Train the Trainer Click Here
- TCI Updates Click Here
- Community of Practice Click Here
- Connecting Families Click Here
- 3 Pillars of Transforming Care Click Here
If the course you are looking for is not in the above list, please Get in touch with the team at Tact.