TACT's family focused Train the Trainer courses empower professional staff in the human services sector to provide families and Carer's with the additional support, knowledge, and skills they need to care for their loved ones effectively.
Through expert guidance, customized training, and an empowerment-oriented approach, these courses enable professionals to make a positive and lasting impact on the families and caregivers they support.
Participants attending the Train the Trainer programs designed for families can enhance outcomes through the families they support by;
- Expert Facilitation: TACT's Train the Trainer courses are led by seasoned experts in the field of human services. These experts not only impart valuable knowledge but also model effective training techniques, enabling professionals to enhance their skills and confidence to take training directly to the families and carers they are supporting.
- Empowerment-Oriented Approach: TACT emphasizes an empowerment-oriented approach, teaching professionals how to empower families to take an active role in caring for their loved ones. Through the TCI Families Program, this includes fostering self-efficacy, problem-solving skills, self-care and setting expectations in the family home.
- Skill-Building: Professionals are trained in practical skills that they can pass on to families. This may include caregiving techniques, stress management, conflict resolution, and post crisis supports.
- Effective Communication Skills: Professionals learn effective communication techniques to engage with families and caregivers. This includes active listening, empathy, and clear, compassionate expectations to build trust and rapport.
- Customized Curriculum: The courses are designed to address the unique needs and challenges faced by families and caregivers. Professionals learn how to tailor their support and training to individual family dynamics and circumstances.